Did you know that the Revenue’s customer service charter is based on six key principles?
- Consistency, Equity & Confidentiality – in the administration of the law and in the use of taxpayer’s information.
- Courtesy & Consideration – to minimise disruption to the taxpayer in examining the risk. Revenue officers expect to be treated similarily.
- Information & Assistance – will be given to the taxpayer and is expected by Revenue officials.
- Presumption of Honesty – in dealings with the taxpayer and Revenue officials.
- Compliance Costs – of meeting Revenue’s requirements will be kept to a minimum. The taxpayers is expected to implement recording systems to support accurate and timely compliance.
- Complaints, Review & Appeal – there are comprehensive complaints and appeal procedures open to all taxpayers.